How to Remove the Instrument Cluster in a 1995 S-420
- 1). Turn the S420's engine off. Lower the steering wheel to its lowest position.
- 2). Remove the side panel above the dashboard between the door and the windshield by pulling it off the vehicle.
- 3). Insert a slotted screwdriver into the speaker cover and pry upwards to remove it.
- 4). Remove the two screws under the cover with a Phillips screwdriver. Remove the two fasteners at the bottom of the air vent to the left of the steering wheel with a slotted screwdriver. Pull the vent out of the vehicle.
- 5). Reach into the air vent and push on the rear of the instrument cluster as far as it will go.
- 6). Use the cluster remover tools to slide into the bottom corners of the instrument cluster and pull it out.
- 7). Disconnect the four electrical wiring connectors at the rear of the cluster and completely remove it from the vehicle.